Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Pom Pom Monster & Welcome Baby Card

My grandsons spent the day with us today.  As always, Matthew wanted to make a craft.  He really wanted to make a batch of puffy slime.  Unfortunately, I did not have the ingredients.  (Broke my heart!)  His second choice was this Pom Pom Monster....
 Matt made the 3 pom poms using my Craft-Dee Bowz tool.  It's much easier than wrapping yarn around a piece of cardboard!
Cute little monster, don't you think? 
 I am going to enter it in the August Craft-Dee Bowz Challenge.

Matthew isn't the only creative young person in my life.

Two days before we left for vacation I received a priority envelope from my BFF's daughter.  Inside the envelope, were three sheets of paper with drawings her daughter, Layla, age 9, had done.  
(I think my grandson, Matthew, and my BFF's granddaughter, Layla, would make a perfect pair!
But, they are only 9 and 10.  So, I have lots of time to work on that project.)
 One was a stork carrying a baby; one was a dog; and one was a cat on a pillow.  There was no explanation in the envelope.  Just the drawings with small notations on each one: baby, Aunt Eileen, and G G Bday, respectively.   I had a feeling Layla wanted cards made.  I've used her drawings before.  So I got busy.  I scanned, cropped, and then saved the colored drawings as JPG files, creating 3 digis to make the 3 cards.  It was much more fun making cards for Layla than cleaning and packing for vacation.
Here is the center step baby card I made using Layla's stork: 


 We are all excited about this baby's expected arrival in September!

I am entering this card in the following challenges: 
Use Your Stuff Challenge #276 - New Beginnings 
Pile It On Challenge #133 - Recycle and/or For a Child 
Fussy and Fancy Challenge #194 - Things with Wings

I'll show you the other 2 cards I made with Layla's drawings another day.   

Thanks for dropping by.

11 comments:

  1. Matthew is so creative. I think I know where he gets that talent. That stork is beautiful and perfect for a baby card. Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! And I just love your stork :)
    Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stork card is wonderful. And I love the little monster that Mathew made. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really beautiful card and I love Matthew's monster too. Thank you for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is fabulous. You have a very gifted children around you. Great use of sketch. I love you card and the idea of making a card from child's sketch. Great take on our challenge too. Keti (DT at Pile it On)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I love your card! It is fantastic!! Thank you so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous baby card and brilliant drawing Layla!!!love the cute monster with the googly eye and hope you scanned the brilliant wood paper you used on next card(working my way backwards)
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! How cool that you used Layla's drawing to make a digi! She is quite talented! Your card turned out so cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us at UYS! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful baby card - love the stork! Thanks so much for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab stepper card ,love the papers and image ..
    Thanks for joining us at Craftdeebowz.. where to be in with a chance of the prize you have to include a handmade bow on your project .
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab stepper card .... love the image and papers and your Pom Pom with a bow on is so cute ...
    Thanks for joining us at Craftdeebowz and good luck
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.